Both the Mac and Windows versions have full file associations for all video types supported as well as for JPG still files. You can drag and drop files (multiple at once) or even whole folders of supported file formats directly into the player and they will all open in matrix format.
Here are some of the other recently added features
- EVE should work even with extremely old video cards or when old drivers are being used
- Support for more file types and various less used compression codecs
- Support for live streaming of video from Android phone (this one requires direct interaction with me and a reason to show other than "it's very cool")
- Search now supports non-ascii file names (i.e. foreign language file search)
- Uninstalling the app restores file associations to previous state
- Several glitches when using ATI video cards fixed
- Non-supported files accidentally opened by app are now ignored
- Improvements and fixes to several interaction related issues
NetworkOptix.com is up and screening requests to beta test the new EVE Media Player.